PA Dutch Country Attractions
Rocky Acre Farm is conveniently located between Amish Country and Hershey, PA. Your innkeepers will be happy to help with directions and advice once you arrive.
We’re Only 25 Minutes From:
- Hershey Park & Chocolate World The Sweetest Place on Earth!
- Strasburg Railroad America’s Oldest Shortline Station!
- Dutch Wonderland A family amusement park with rides, gardens, and shows!
- Sight and Sound Millennium Theatres Spectacular Christian Family Entertainment!
- Hands-On House Children’s Museum!
- Central Market America’s Oldest Farmer’s Market!
- Shopping Outlets Tanger, Rockvale and Hershey outlet malls!
- Amish Country Explore the towns of Intercourse & Bird-in-Hand
- Harley Davidson Motorcycles. Tour the factory in York!
- Horseback Riding & Carriage Tours
Enjoy our own backroads tour. An authentic perspective of the PA Dutch Country! We help you find some of the best kept secrets in the County!
A bargain hunter’s dream come true! Hundreds of outlets near Lancaster City and Amish Country are located just 25 minutes from the Farm.
- Burning Bridge Antiques – Located about 10 minutes from the Farm in Columbia.
- Antiques Capital, USA (Adamstown) – Various shops just north of the PA Turnpike entrance on Rt. 272 North.
- Root’s Country Market & Auction: The oldest single family-run market in Lancaster County featuring over 200 stand-holders selling fresh meats, deli items, baked goods, nursery items and flowers, handmade crafts, antiques, collectibles and household items of all kinds. The market is open every Tuesday, rain or shine, from 8am until 8pm.
- The Central Market: The country’s oldest farmers’ market in historic Lancaster city occupies a beautiful 110 year old red brick building chock-full of local character. Regional food specialties include Pennsylvania Dutch sausage, scrapple (a breakfast meat of pork scraps and cornmeal), and headcheese (like scrapple, an acquired taste). Open Tuesdays, Fridays and Saturdays.
- The Green Dragon Market: A market selling all kinds of agricultural and rural goods outside of Ephrata every Friday. Swap meet atmosphere. Stay late for the auction!
For Food Lovers
- Dienner’s Country Restaurant: Good PA Dutch cooking. Their buffet is the best value in the County. Closed Sundays. Close by 6pm.
- Bube’s Brewery: (Mount Joy) 3 restaurants give you a variety of options from fun to romantic. Phone: 717-653-2056.
- Gus’s Keystone Family Restaurant: (Mount Joy) Excellent Lancaster County meals at great prices. Phone: 717-653-2140.
- Lapp Valley Farm: Homemade ice cream fresh from the farm in New Holland. (717) 354-7988
- Miller’s Natural Foods: a country gas-lit store selling a wide variety of natural foods. Located in the town of Bird-in-Hand.
- Wilbur Chocolate Factory: Watch candy being made and enjoy displays of unusual and antique candy packaging items, cocoa tins, ads, candy making equipment and more while you shop for a host of delicious delights. Located in Lititz.
- Ironstone Ranch: Trail or carriage rides. (717) 413-2660. Elizabethtown.
- Nookside Stables: Trail rides or Hay Maze Obstacle Course.
For History Lovers
- Landis Valley Museum: A colonial farm village museum depicting 3 centuries of history in Lancaster. Many special events and demonstrations in Lancaster.
- National Clock and Watch Museum: An endless and amusing array of clocks in all varieties. Columbia.
- Railroad Museum of Pennsylvania: This state museum has a re-created railroad station and lots of old cars and engines. You can even take a ride on a train across the street at the Strasburg Railroad. Strasburg.
- The Ephrata Cloisters: Visit the amazingly well-preserved buildings of a semi monastic religious community founded by Seventh-Day Baptists in 1732. Ephrata.
- Hans Herr House: The 1719 Hans Herr House stands as the oldest structure and the oldest Mennonite meetinghouse in Lancaster County. Willow Street.
- Living the Experience: Reenactment of the Underground Railroad Story of Faith. Call for available times. (717) 396-8381. Lancaster.
- Study of the Underground Railroad
- Highlands of Donegal: Located just one mile from the farm. Phone: 717-653-2048.
- Boulder’s Miniature Golf: A fun mini-golf center with a restaurant and ice cream shop, only ten minutes from the Farm.
- Evergreen Golf: Boasting an 18-hole par 3 Pitch and Putt Course as well as their 18-hole executive course. Located in Manheim near Root’s Farmer’s Market. Phone: 717-898-7852.
- Hershey Park & Chocolate World: We’re only 25 minutes from the sweetest place on earth!
- Hands-On House: A fun children’s museum sure to keep the kids busy and happy. Located adjacent to Landis Valley Museum. Phone: 717-569-5437.
- Dutch Wonderland: A family-friendly PA Dutch Country amusement park especially for kids 12 and younger. Located in Lancaster.
- Abe’s Buggy Rides: Located in Bird-in-Hand.
- Old Candle Barn: Watch the candles being made by the Amish in the basement of the shop. Located in Intercourse.
- Lapp’s Valley Farm: Great home-made ice cream! Located in the beautiful farmland of Intercourse. (717) 354-7988.
- Indian Echo Caverns: Located in Hershey.
- Choo Choo Barn: An amazing display of model trains. Located near the Strasburg Railroad.
- Sight & Sound’s theatrical productions are excellent for the whole family. (Strasburg) Call ahead for reservations (717-687-7800).
- Turkey Hill Experience: Learn how ice cream is made and create your own pint of ice cream.
- Spooky Nook Sports: The largest indoor sports complex in North America. Home to the USA Field Hockey Team.
- Sylvia Petersheim Quilts and Crafts. 2544 Old Philadelphia Pike, Bird-in-Hand. 717-392-6404.
- Hannah’s Quilts. Located on an Amish farm. Open: Mon-Sat. Closed Sundays. 216 Witmer Road, Lancaster, PA. (717) 392-4524.
- Sight and Sound Theater: Offers inspirational, bible-based, live stage productions in two theatres. 40-foot tall sets, fabulous period costumes, inspiring scripts, and multimedia special effects are all developed on site.
- Dutch Apple Dinner Theater: Dinner and a Broadway musical.